The 12th Annual KNBR Sports Auction
Benefiting the Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame
A Victory for Bay Area Youth Sports!
- The 12th Annual KNBR Sports Auction, held at Public House at AT&T Park on December 2, 2011, was a great success, raising a grand total of $165,000 for the BASHOF Youth Fund!
- It was a wonderful day for KNBR (which carried the auction broadcast live from 6am to 8pm), BASHOF and the kids of the Bay Area! Live auction packages included sailing on an Oracle Racing's AC45 catamaran with America’s Cup Skippers Russell Coutts and Jimmy Spithill; taking batting practice with Giants great Will Clark; golfing with NBA legend/Warriors executive Jerry West and KNBR show hosts Eric Byrnes and Tom Tolbert; taking in a Giants game in a luxury box with former Oakland A's & St. Louis Cardinals skipper Tony LaRussa; vacationing in Maui in a luxurious golf getaway; getting the rare opportunity to play softball on the field at AT& T Park; and sitting in as a guest co-host in the KNBR studios during a live broadcast, as well as many other incredible sports experiences.
- BASHOF would like to give many thanks to our local sports organizations, including the San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors, San Francisco 49ers, America’s Cup, USGA, Oakland Raiders, Infineon Raceway, Golden Gate Fields and the San Jose Earthquakes for their generous donations, which contributed greatly to the overall success of the auction.
- All the money raised in the auction goes towards Bay Area youth sports organizations to purchase much-needed sports equipment and uniforms. As we all know, kids who play sports lead much healthier and more enriched lives but with sports budgets being cut in schools, the need for sports equipment and uniforms continues to grow, making additional funding even more vital.
- With the auction proceeds from 2010, BASHOF was able to provide sports equipment grants to 62 Bay Area organizations in 2011. For a complete list of the organizations who benefited, please click here.
- If you’re interested in donating to this great cause, please contact BASHOF at 415-296-5607. We accept donations year-round.