- On May 23rd, 2013, the 34th Annual Bay Area Sports Hall of Fame Enshrinement Banquet honored four Bay Area Sport Legends:
- Tim Brown, is one of the best wide receivers to ever play in the NFL. He was born in Dallas, Texas and attended Notre Dame where he won the 1987 Heisman Trophy award. He was drafted in the first round of the 1988 draft by the Raiders. Brown had an amazing career, racking up nine Pro Bowl selections. He is fifth in all-time receiving yards and in all-time receptions.
Presented by Fred Biletnikoff
- Walter A. Haas Jr. (1916–1995) was born in San Francisco, California and was the great-grandnephew of company founder Levi Strauss. As chairman from 1970–1981. he led Levi Strass & Co. to be one of the world’s leading apparel companies. Insuring the Oakland A’s stayed in Oakland, he purchased the team in 1981, overseeing a prosperous tenure with five Division titles and a World Series title in 1989. He was also a noted philanthropist and contributed significantly to his alma mater, University of California, Berkeley.
Presented by Tony La Russa
- Brent Jones, was born and raised in Santa Clara, California and attended Santa Clara University. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 5th round and traded to the San Francisco 49ers that same year. He had an exceptional 11-year career with the 49ers, winning three Super Bowl Championships. He was a three- time All-Pro and a four-time Pro Bowl selection.
Presented by Steve Young
- Dave Righetti, was born in San Jose, California. He went to San Jose City College before being selected by the Texas Rangers in the first round of the 1977 draft. In 1978, Righetti was traded to the New York Yankees and his exceptional career began. He was the 1981 AL Rookie of the year, pitched a no-hitter on July 4th, 1983, and was a two-time All-Star with the Yankees. Righetti has served as the pitching coach for the World Champion San Francisco Giants since 2000 and has played a major role in constructing the league's most feared pitching staff.
Presented by Mark Gardner
- It was a very special evening for the enshrinement class, filled with wonderful memories and presentations made by Steve Young (three-time Super Bowl Champion with the 49er’s), Fred Biletnikoff (legendary wide receiver and coach for the Raiders), Tony La Russa (three-time World Champion Baseball Coach), and Mark Gardner (bullpen coach for San Francisco Giants).
- The night was filled with unforgettable stories from new inductees and presenters. There was a fantastic tribute video to the late Ken Venturi highlighting his amazing career and how much he meant to BASHOF, topped off with a video remembering BASHOF’s founder Lou Spadia.
- Thank you to all of our sponsors, supporters and attendees for making this year's event such an overwhelming success.
- Please visit our photo archive for highlights from past events.
PHOTOS FROM THE 34th ANNUAL BASHOF ENSHRINEMENT BANQUET!*